Information about Installation
Usually the installation is on the right side of the street. One must make sure that the clearance to the street is not blocked.
Ideally, the installation height of the TOPO.plus should be 250 cm. The device can be mounted on mast ranging in diameter from 76 to 150 mm using the universal mast bracket.
The TOPO.box is to be installed at a height of approximately 100 cm. It can be mounted on all masts commonly in use.
A foundation receptacle into which the device can be inserted is necessary for the installation of the TOPO.slp.
Generally, the need for maintenance is very small. It depends mainly on the type of voltage of the power supply. If the power supply is solely by rechargeable battery, it must be replaced and recharged at regular intervals.
If the power supply is via solar energy, the solar panel must be cleaned at least once a year.
Areas of Application
Generally the surveillance of one traffic lane in the direction of measurement is possible. However, with the TOPO.slp and the TOPO.box one lane in the opposite direction can be included with the following limitations:
- fewer than 10,000 ADT (average daily traffic) at the cross section
- no analysis of acoustical characteristics in the lane in the opposite direction.
The initialization on location is possible by connecting the devices to a notebook via Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth for netbook/notebook
- Optional: GPRS modem with FTP transfer and format conversion
- Alternative: RS232/Bluetooth for separate transfer paths (e. g. transmission line, HDSL)