Universally and Individually Applicable
RTB’s acoustic units are being used world wide. Of course, they must be modified to meet national requirements, e. g. in regard to the signal tones commonly used in the country or in regard to the national voltage.
The automatic adjustment of the volume based on ambient noise levels is important everywhere. The same goes for the flexibility of sound alignment according to street width and buildings in the area. Following the installation, the remote control (also available in English) offers flexible configuration options for the individual set up of the signalisation at the crosswalk.
Through the use of opto-coupler input/output various special wishes can be fulfilled. This might be switching the transmitter off at certain times of day or reducing the volume at night.
The following norms and guidelines are among those met by RTB:
Adherence to relevant norms and guide lines is documented by test reports and certificates from accredited testing agencies such as the Technical Evaluation Association Rhineland. These documents are created on the basis of tests with prototypes. The product norms define the requirements for functional and electronic safety, electro-magnetic compatibility and technical sound characteristics. The following norms and guidelines are among those met by RTB, additional specifications are feasible at any time.
- DIN VDE 0832-100 and accordingly Hd638 S1
- Din VDE 0832-200and accordingly EN50293:2000
- DIN 32981 and accordingly ISO 23600:2007
- ÖNORM V 2100 and V 2101
- CEI 214-7.
Norm DIN 32981 requires an individual test for all the operational values of the acoustic unit which are relevant to safety. Unacceptable deviations cause a block that can only be reset manually. Thus malfunctions and dangers associated with them are excluded.
- Guide signal: 1,2 Hz ± 0,2 Hz pulse sound with a range of approx. 4.5 m from the Mast
- Walk signal: Signal mixture of harmonic frequencies with the dominant basic frequency of 880 Hz ± 50 Hz
- Warning signal (Gong): 392 Hz warning signal in accordance with DIN 32974.
- Material polycarbonate
- colours pine green, black and gravel gray
- Protective class II under DIN EN 61140
- Protective type IP 55 under DIN EN 60529.
- 230 V AC or rather 160 V dim function
- 110 V AC
- 40 V AC or DC or rather 27 V dim function
- 10 V DC.